Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Orks are done!

I have completed my Killa Kans and with that, my Orks are complete for Orkfest.  I'm still hoping to scratch-build a Stompa but I don't have any plasticard to do so yet.  Still I set my goal last year and I made it.  90 Boys, 5 Nob Bikers with Painboy, 6 foot Nobs with Painboy, 10 Lootas, 3 Killa Kans, 4 Deffcoptas, a Big Mek with KFF and a Warboss on a bike all painted and ready to go.
I do like the plastic Kans kit for the most part.  There is one issue I have...but it's one that anyone familiar with GW models should know and I'll get to it shortly.  The squad will be fielded with Grotzookas as I think the list needed some ranged anti-horde.  I also used a chipped paint technique I really like and have started using on some other models.

Here's the first one I assembled.  He's got a pinned shoulder so I can swap out the weapons if I ever decide to change things up a bit.  I did some swampy basing using hot glue of all things and I think it came out pretty good.

The second and third show my issue.  GW only gives you one of each weapon so outfitting them with the same weapon isn't possible.  They do stupid things like this a lot.  Eventually I will figure out a long term solution but for now I'm using the pins to swap put the weapons on one Kan that will represent the entire squadron's ranged weaponry.  I mayalso want to run them as seperate units with different weapons so thats an option too but for now here they are.

So the army is done...for now.  I've already planned on adding some Kommandos and I had fun with the Orky stuff so I'll revisit them once in a while.  Next Empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment